TRIGLAV WINTER climb
Conquer the highest Slovenian mountain – Mount Triglav (2,864m) – in winter
A unique 2-day experience in Triglav National Park and the Julian Alps with licensed mountain guides.
A pure adventure is coming your way!
The start is on foot from the Krma valley, or if you are a ski-tourer, on skis, which is preferable.
From the beginning of November until May – depending on snow conditions.
We start and finish the hike at the same point – in the Krma valley. We will sleep at the Triglavski dom na Kredarici mountain hut. From the hut, we will made the ascent to the top of Mount Triglav from where we will descend in the same direction back towards the hut.
There is also a via ferata route from the hut to the summit of Mount Triglav and back, however, during winter it is mostly snow-covered and thus not feasible.
- Day 1: Krma valley 980m – Triglavski dom na Kredarici 2,515m; 6-8 hours of walking and 1,500 metres of height difference
- Day 2: Triglavski dom na Kredarici 2,515m – summit of Mount Triglav 2,864m – Krma valley 980m; 4-6 hours from the hut (Triglavski dom) to the top and back, plus 4-6 hours to return to the valley
- In total the two-day trip takes between 16 to 18 hours during which you will conquer a height difference of around 1,900 metres
- Appropriate mountain clothing and shoes, helmet, climbing harness, axe, crampons, backpack, 2x locking carabiner, 120cm sling
- We will provide technical equipment
- A list of equipment can be found by clicking this link: TRIGLAV WINTER EQUIPMENT LIST
A ascent of Mount Triglav in winter conditions is significantly more difficult than in summer, especially when done in one day.